Monday, May 10, 2010

Pink vs. Yellow

I'm on a 10 day work stretch (because I have a 4 day weekend coming up for Kel and Parker's wedding!!!)--So I haven't had much time to blog lately. I'll update with a more extensive post soon! Lots of stuff has been going on!

I started prompting yesterday--which is considered the "boring" shift. You sit in the studio and scroll through the script for all of the anchors' on camera segments. I'm LOVING it right now because I'm prompting News...and that means I get to be in the studio with my friends!!--not to mention one of the only places on campus I actually feel comfortable and confident right now. I miss my news guys...

But anyway...one of the main things you have to do before you actually prompt is print and sort scripts. 2 copies are printed--one on yellow and one on pink. Yellow goes to the anchor reading, pink goes to the anchor who's not. So basically I have to go through the whole run down and mix and match the corresponding color to the right anchor's pile. There are also sheets without script between each segment I pretty much just have to pull out and throw away. Tedious.


Note to self:
Keep the recycling bin under my seat when pulling out the blank sheets...

Definitely crawled under the desk to collect all of these once I was done.
Oh well...live and learn. HAHA!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment